Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Goings on About Town-Friday, 11/19/10

OK, sorry. I totally failed in finding cheap or free things this weekend. Here it goes...

God really does answer prayers. Well, at least someone's prayers. The Capital Bacon and Beer bash is this Saturday at the National Harbor. There will be Heavy Seas beer, and ten types of bacon. Tickets are $85 though...so you'd better really like beer and/or bacon.

Cava in Eastern Market is leaving their roof deck open, and allegedly it's heated. I do enjoy an off-season patio experience.

Old Ebbitt's has their Oyster Riot Friday and Saturday. Tickets range from $100 to $135...'spensive!

I used to think that Columbia Heights bar Wonderland was a hipster mecca. Then I actually went there, and realized it's just super yuppie. I'm not sure which would have been more disappointing...Anyway, tonight (Friday) they'll have "drink and draw" happy hour from 6:30-8:30...which, I've gleaned, is like drinking Pictionary with prizes. This one is free.

Brunch at Masa 14 is totally on my must-try list...every Saturday and Sunday, $35 buys you all you can eat and drink brunch. Yum!

Something about Harry Potter....Oh right, it's playing at the Uptown, which looks to be a pretty cool (crazy) experience. Good luck if you're trying to line up early.

Virginians....Bayou Bakery (1515 N. Courthouse) is opening this Saturday.

Alliance Francaise (2142 Wyoming Ave) has their Beaujolais party on Friday from 6:30-9:30...it's $35, and you have to make a reservation, but if you're a francophile you'd totally love this.

I was intrigued when I saw this in the Express...baby (I mean, Ravi) Coltrane playing at the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue, Saturday at 8pm. Tickets are $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment